Jushima Mardushaj
Memoirs...
I went back home last winter and came across an old album. It consisted of my childhood photos together with some of my family and friends. This old album made me very curious as I was not aware that they existed, the photographer was anonymous or forgotten and now these events are stuck back in time and cannot be repeated.
So I decided recreate a second collection of old photos. Throughout my work there is a strong interest in ‘myself’ looking at my own childhood photos as being the third person and at the same time getting the viewers involved.
‘Memoirs’ is a piece about trying to overpower the photographer’s choices and decisions that he related to when taking those photos. The idea of looking through the images allows the viewer to take the place of the ‘operator’ and perform the same method of looking through the lenses (like the photographer) and also choosing where and how to look at them.
The viewers have then completed the context by becoming the third people looking at the object.






No comments:
Post a Comment